Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Yes.

I said yes

Three years ago,
When we first saw each other, July 20th in the late evening. Both with a glass of beer in our hands, surrounded by mutual friends who didn't yet meet. We laughed. We danced. We flirted. We slipped into the conversation like sliding into fresh apple crumble, right out of the oven. It felt gooey, warm and comforting.

When you asked me out. We skipped down the street. We sang the worst love songs aloud. We hugged like the world would end.

When we closed our eyes and our lips touched each other for the very first time.


I said yes.

Last month,
When we were sitting on the prettiest bench in Lille. Talking about the fancy dinner we just had, giggling about life.
When you dropped on one knee and pulled a small box out of your pocket. I cried a lot and stuttered. You cried a little and laughed.




We didn't sleep that night. We didn't want the moment to end so we kept on talking, giggling, crying, loving, ... Meanwhile I was trying to take every inch of every second of that night in to me. I wanted to remember where we were, how we looked, how it felt and smelled. I didn't want to forget any of it as I knew this was one of those moments.


Today,
When I wake up and take a look at my beautiful ring. I'll still shout it out every single day and couldn't be more grateful for it.

The last couple of weeks we celebrated this joyful news about every day. Sometimes accompanied by our loved ones, other days we just sit back and celebrate being engaged by a good meal and a sweet kiss.
We're so excited to plan this happy event together. So far, we're both enjoying every single moment of it...

We want to thank everyone who shared our happy moment with us and support us for who we are. I'm beyond thankful. It's a dream come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner