Saturday, August 25, 2012

Strawberry balsamic rice pudding | Never have I ever



Never have I ever watched every single episode of New Girl, twice.

Never have I ever ate two cheeseburgers in a row, without the shame.

Never have I ever aplauded myself after burping like a bear.

Never have I ever dreamed about rice pudding.


Never have I ever forgot to shave my legs... for like, forever.

Never did I ever take a look at your facebook profile.

Never have I ever danced like a ninja while finishing my exam.

Never have I ever put balsamic vinegar in a dessert.




Oh dear! 
I just drank half a bottle of pink whine, 
playing this game on my own.

So here it is; 
Rice pudding is super easy and super comfy! 
The rice pudding itself is not overly sweet, we saved that job for the strawberries and in that way the coconut taste really gets to you!
If you're more of a sweeth tooth and those extra calories don't bother you that much, please go ahead and add more sugar. Don't feel bad. Sugar is always a good idea. I feel ya!

Strawberry balsamic rice pudding
makes 4 small or 2 large servings

200 g strawberries {washed and halved}
2 T brown sugar
2 T balsamic vinegar
150 g white basmati / dessert rice
650 ml milk
300 ml coconut milk + more for drizzling if you like
2 T {vanilla} sugar/ scrapings of 1 vanilla bean
optional: mint for garnishing

one: mix the sugar with the balsamic vingear in a bowl.
two: add the sliced strawberries and shake them carefully through the vinegar mixture.
three: leave them to rest in the fridge or a dark, cool place for 30 minutes to an hour
four: bring the milk to a boil in a sauce pan, stirring constantly.
five: reduce the heat and add the coconut milk, rice and sugar. Let it simmer until the milk is mostly absorbed, about 25-35 minutes, stirring occasionally.
six: add as much coconut milk as you desire. 
seven: mix the strawberries into the rice, right before serving and drizzle a little bit of the balsamic syrup on top.


enjoy this rice pudding along with a tablespoon of Seabear: I sing I swim


3 comments:

movita beaucoup said...

1. I want want this rice pudding in my belly. Immediately.
2. This post was dee-freakin'-lightful.

Eva {not your mama's dinner} said...

Why, Thank you Motiva! As a big fan of your blog you just made me extremely giggly and happy.
If it wasn't the worst idea ever I'ld send you some rice pudding by mail, right into that belly.

Anonymous said...

I love coconut rice pudding, but I've never had it with strawberries on top too - sounds like it's worth a try!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner