Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to seduce your mother-in-law | bananabread

I have the most incredible boyfriend.
Also; I have an amazing mother-in-law.
She is funny, she is sweet, she throws amazing parties and she is an amazing cook.

But, I know, not all of you are that priveleged.

For those of you who don't really like their mother-in-law:
suck it up, girls.

I'm really sorry, but that's what you have to do.
Don't mess with thé mother in law.
She is the mother of your boyfriend.
- Yes, captain obvious is at work today-
She gave birth to him and fed him for the last .. years.
Food is important!
Do never underestimate the power of food.

Making her happy = making your boyfriend/ husband happy.
I assure you.




How to seduce your mother-in-law:

1. Ask her for a recipe.
When one of my friends asks me for a certain recipe I'll go: 'whatevs, nothing special. keeping things cool, bro.' but as soon as I'm on my own I'll do a Happy-dance.

2. Help out with the dishes.
She'll politely refuse the offer, but she'll be grateful.

3. Love her son/ daughter
*easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy*

4. Bake her some banana bread.
There's no excuse for this one. It takes only up to 5 minutes and everyone can do it.
It's the most delicious, moisty banana bread you've ever eaten. No kidding here, folks.
Just let her taste how much you actually love her son.


10- minute banana bread
Source: dinner with julie.

3 very ripe bananas
150g sugar
2-4 TS olive oil
2 large eggs
a big splash of vanilla
230g flour
2 ts baking powder
1/4 ts salt

Maybe: chopped-up almonds and chocolate chips,1 small chopped up apple and a sprinkle of cinnamon, 100g dark melted chocolate mixed with 1 TS dough, a handful of raisins with wallnuts, bleuberries, ...


one: preheat oven to 180°C
two: in a large bowl combine the bananas, sugar, olive oil and eggs. Mash with a potatomasher until fairly smooth - don't worry about getting all the lumps out, they're delicious once baked-
three: add the flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla. 
Maybe: here you can decide if you want the regular banana bread without the additions or add any flavours or additions as mentioned in the ingredientbox.
four: pour the batter into a buttered pan an smooth with a spatula -I didn't do that, as you can see in the photos.

Bake until a toothpick inserted at the centre comes out clean, 50-70 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and allow to cool at least 10 minutes in the pan before removing. 





Music to pair with: lykke li- little bit


Let me know how things work out!

5 comments:

LienM said...

This is now on my to-do list.

bitchetarian said...

FOR REAL! That was totally my plan with S's mom - ask her for a recipe. They are from Nebraska and total meatatarians, so I don't think my shit's gonna fly. May as well flatter her while I feed her, right?

Monica said...

auuwwww :). Sister in law likes cake as well... Just saying.

Anonymous said...

@Lien: cool, let me know how it works out. It's so easy and yummie... There was a time I baked this 3 times a week. Lovely present to give and to get.
@Bitchetarian: sounds like a solid plan. You could also ask her for a pie-recipe... Unless she puts meat in her pie. But that would be just plain evil.
@Monica: Haha. Thanks for passing by :-). Don't worry, one bananabread is already coming your way -by figure of speach.. Probably as soon as these damned exams are finished.

Anti Money Laundering said...

Very interesting post here.
Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner