Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baked Ravioli Salad




Last time I told you I handed my master's thesis in. I made it sound all simple and joyful.

Real talk; things got ugly. The paper got stuck in the printer, I had to cut off the front page with a knife and I cried at the copy-shop. On the upside of all this: the nice lady at the counter gave me a pity-discount.
{Is that a real upside? I'm not sure...}



On days like this; the only thing that keeps me going is a pasta-heavy meal, shared with the people I love the most. So that's exactly what I did.

This is a recipe that you'll see me bringing along on the next pick-nick/barbecue/potluck for sure. It's so easy, great to make ahead and a creative turn on the casual everyday (mayonnaise loaded) pasta salad. It's also a great excuse for eating pasta everyday of the week: "but I'm eating a salad?!"




Baked ravioli salad

serves 2; with leftovers

1 package ravioli of your choice {I bought grilled vegetables, but cheese or meat will do}
1 T olive oil
1 t butter
1 medium onion, sliced roughly
1 zucchini, sliced
about 150g marinated artichokes, halved
150g mixed salad
one hand full of fresh basil leave
100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
Salt, pepper
optional: goat cheese


one: cook the ravioli in salted water {follow instructions on the box}
two: caramelize the onion by browning it real slowly on a soft fire for about 20 minutes in olive oil and butter.
three: turn the heat on and bake the zucchini for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. No need to use another pan; just toss it along the onion.
four: add the ravioli to the pan and bake until just browned.
five: toss the salad, basil and artichokes together. Add the sundried tomatoes and top with the baked vegetables and pasta. Season to taste.
{optional:} add some fresh goat cheese to funk it up.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva,

Next picknick is... tonight!

eRecipe said...

I'd like to invite you to join our site www.erecipe.com . I really enjoy your blog and recipes and I think the over 8,000 unique daily visitors to eRecipe will too.
By joining eRecipe, we will provide the Nutrition Facts for every recipe you post in which you could customize and add to your blog. Viewers need and love to know the nutritional facts. Its a free service that we offer to blogs and recipes we really love. It looks professional and your members will love it.
Simply visit www.erecipe.com or contact me at michelle@erecipe.com. We look forward having you in our network!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner