Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Seafood pasta


I aim to be a focused, well organised shopper. In this scenario; I make pretty lists with little boxes on the side to check off, I don't have to run twice a day to the supermarket and my fridge isn't a total mess.


As you could've guessed by now, I'm not quite as efficient as I would want to be in the kitchen. I'm glad to tell you I'm seldomly out of wine or butter. Nevertheless, I never seem to have a sufficient amount of plain flour in the pantry.

So last week I didn't have the right kind of cheese at home. That happened. 
I threw in some creamy ricotta to make up for it. And it tasted divine.
Yolo!



This dish is so satisfying because it’s mostly made out of items you can most likely find in your fridge. Because I ran out of parmesan cheese, which the original recipe calls for, I added some smooth ricotta to cheese things up. Things couldn't have ended up better. The creamy ricotta compliments the spicy tomato sauce just perfectly. If your instinct is to add some fresh herbs (parsley, basil, oregano) to this recipe; you're doing it right.

Seafood pasta
serves 4
adapted from BBC- good food


1 T olive oil
1 onion , chopped
2 garlic cloves , chopped
1/2 red chili, chopped

250 ml dry white wine {1 cup}
3 t tomato paste
400g can of chopped tomatoes
300g spaghetti , roughly broken
240g pack frozen seafood mix , defrosted
S & P
optional: ricotta & parsley to serve

one: heat oil in a large frying pan or wok over medium heat. Add onion, chilli and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
two: add the wine and simmer for another 2 minutes.
three: add paste and crushed tomatoes, and simmer 15-20 minutes further, stirring occasionally until slightly thickened.
four: cook the pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Drain.
five: add the seafood to the tomato sauce, cook for 3 minutes more until it's all heated through. Season to taste.
six: toss the sauce through the pasta and serve with some ricotta & parsley on the side.


Song of the day: Daughter - Youth

1 comment:

Autism News said...

Whenever we have seafood pasta my husband always asks "What's the occasion?" One of my favorite meals to make. Thanks for your recipe version to try.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner