Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baked Ravioli Salad




Last time I told you I handed my master's thesis in. I made it sound all simple and joyful.

Real talk; things got ugly. The paper got stuck in the printer, I had to cut off the front page with a knife and I cried at the copy-shop. On the upside of all this: the nice lady at the counter gave me a pity-discount.
{Is that a real upside? I'm not sure...}



On days like this; the only thing that keeps me going is a pasta-heavy meal, shared with the people I love the most. So that's exactly what I did.

This is a recipe that you'll see me bringing along on the next pick-nick/barbecue/potluck for sure. It's so easy, great to make ahead and a creative turn on the casual everyday (mayonnaise loaded) pasta salad. It's also a great excuse for eating pasta everyday of the week: "but I'm eating a salad?!"




Baked ravioli salad

serves 2; with leftovers

1 package ravioli of your choice {I bought grilled vegetables, but cheese or meat will do}
1 T olive oil
1 t butter
1 medium onion, sliced roughly
1 zucchini, sliced
about 150g marinated artichokes, halved
150g mixed salad
one hand full of fresh basil leave
100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
Salt, pepper
optional: goat cheese


one: cook the ravioli in salted water {follow instructions on the box}
two: caramelize the onion by browning it real slowly on a soft fire for about 20 minutes in olive oil and butter.
three: turn the heat on and bake the zucchini for about 2 minutes on each side, or until browned. No need to use another pan; just toss it along the onion.
four: add the ravioli to the pan and bake until just browned.
five: toss the salad, basil and artichokes together. Add the sundried tomatoes and top with the baked vegetables and pasta. Season to taste.
{optional:} add some fresh goat cheese to funk it up.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Eva,

Next picknick is... tonight!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Copyright

(c) Notyourmamasdinner